Search This Blog



Today I registered to be a stem cell/bone marrow donor at a drive that was organized in the Ballroom of the HI Hostel in Harlem (What a cool building); an extension of Anna Lise Jensen's artwork "Have a Seat" (The floor installation which debuted as Jensen's contribution to the Composting Installation for the Sweet + Sour show...). My mouth was swabbed, as I sat on Anna Lise's floor installation. I filled out an application, got a sticker, painless and very interesting as I met a ton of extraordinary people and volunteers--one a survivor, whose presence and story really brought the live saving aspects of this kind of simple donation into the space and my heart. To close, I was offered a bright candy-ful print by Anna Lise Jensen, called "Life Savers"....

Another donor getting swabbed on the installation